Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Highly recommended

I just got back from seeing the movie Sex and the City. This was one hell of an emotional movie packed into about 2 hours.

I don’t want to spoil it for you, but I do want to tell you a little bit about it.

If you are the type of person that is emotionally cold, and doesn’t listen to your heart, then I wouldn’t go see it. If you’ve never felt lust or passion for someone, so much so that you can’t get enough of them, then you are not going to understand this movie. If you have never lost a lover or boyfriend, you probably won’t be able to relate. If you’ve never felt the pain of betrayal, of losing a friend, or regretting something you’ve done, then this movie is not for you.

If you are the type of person that has never felt intense happiness, all the way down to your bones, then I wouldn’t go see it. If you’ve never felt the pain of being completely, utterly rejected, then you are not going to understand this movie. If you have never felt an intense love for your friends and for their well-being, then you are not going to be able to relate. If you’ve never been depressed, like you just can’t get out of bed, then I would not recommend this movie to you.

Also, if you have no compassion for others, and for what they are going through, then I certainly would not see this movie. Or, if you are the type of person that doesn’t like to feel your feelings, whether they are good or bad, again, I wouldn’t go.

But if you are, if you are like me, and have felt some of the things I’ve described above, then you are going to love this movie.

It’s fabulous.

There’s so much to this movie, packed in to 2 hours, with lots of high-heels, lip-gloss, Louis Vuitton handbags, and designer dresses thrown in the mix just for fun. Like I said, it’s one hell of a movie.

You may ask why I’m hurting. I'm not saying that I have experienced all that I've described above, but this movie reminded me of the heartache I’ve felt in my life. And it hurts….deep down.

You may ask why I would go see something like that. I’m the type of person that wants to feel the happiness, love, or passion that might come with heartache in the end. To me, being able to have those things in my life is worth the risk.

In any case, if you do go see it, bring your tissues.

No comments: