Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ride ‘m Cowboy!

Alright ladies and gentlemen, as the official reviewer in the Nonexistent Corporation of all English names for Argentine businesses, I’m back this week with a list of my favorite names.

(After receiving a couple of calls after last week’s entry congratulating me on my new position I have to mention here that this entire new position thing is a joke. There is no company – that’s why I called it the Nonexistent Company – and I really don’t have a position there. I just like writing about something I think is funny.)

Ok, now that that is out of the way, on to some of my favorite names….

Chocolate

This store sells women’s clothing. Do I really need to explain this one? Almost every woman loves chocolate. It can be sexy, rich, complex, and deep. What makes the name even more interesting is not only does it make an excellent gift, but it can be used as a bribe, and many other imaginative ways. Let’s just say…it’s a great way to please your woman. Smart name.

Sweet

This is another store that sells women’s clothing. This is a great name. I think of the word “sweet”more as it is used as an exclamation, rather than to describe something, such as a cake. I like this name; it’s positive and full of excitement. It would be like having a store in the U. S. with the name “¡Buenísimo!” Don’t you just want to go in and check out all their “sweet” merchandise? I do!

Cheeky

This store sells clothing for women and for kids. I know that the word “Cheeky” has more of a negative meaning in English, but what I think of when I pass by this store are the big fat cheeks of kids when they are little. (This could be because there are always pictures of cute kids with fat cheeks in the windows of this store.) I think it is a cute name for a store that sells cute clothing. Cheeky – I like it!

Tops

This store mainly sells women’s shoes. All I have to say about this store is that I like anything that is at the top or that “tops” another! It’s like saying “the best”, but in a little more clever way.

Class Life

This store sells athletic apparel for women. This store has a definite fresh feel to it and the name “Class Life” reminds me of fresh-faced school kids. I often like the colors of clothing that they offer in this store as they are often cool winter tones.

Wrangler

This is one of my all-time favorites. This store sells men’s and women’s clothing. I like the name of this store because it makes me think of a rugged cowboy, dressed in Wrangler jeans, a button-down shirt, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. And when I think about that rugged cowboy sitting on his horse, it makes me want to put a serious look on my face and yell “Ride ‘m cowboy!” How can you not like that?

These are just a few of my favorites. I’m interested to hear if any of you have favorite store names – let me hear them!

Te mando besos,

Jennifer

No comments: